Kingswood Group are pleased to be assisting a local Chelmsford organisation with the recruitment of a Data Assistant for a 6 month contract.
The main purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Data and Systems Manager, this role is to support the organisation by maintaining databases and datasets with accurate information to meet the business requirements. You will be undertaking project work to migrate appropriate datasets into the main database and create maintenance processes with the data owners.
Duties will include;
- Processing additions, changes and removals from the relevant databases
- Updating and collating annual returns from employees and recording on system
- Projects including; migrate datasets from spreadsheets into the database, data cleansing, customised reporting requirements
- Identify opportunities for process improvement in the processing of data
- Providing general support and training on database
- Numerate and literate, and educated to GCSE standard or equivalent (including 5/C or above in Maths and English)
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work independently on own initiative and prioritise workload in a busy office
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Effective team player
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people and to be able to demonstrate tact and diplomacy
- IT literate: competent and efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
You will ideally have experience carrying out project work, using and supporting databases and have worked in an office environment.
This organisation can offer free car parking and flexible working.