KG Direct Hire are excited to be supporting the recruitment of an HR Administrator Apprentice for a well-known Chelmsford civil engineering company.
We are a multi-discipline contractor, specialising in full-service highway and public space maintenance, improvement and construction; delivering services to London Boroughs, Local Authorities and the supply chain. Our core services include road surfacing, reactive maintenance, highway maintenance, highway engineering, surface treatments, winter maintenance, bridge installation, structure maintenance, cliff stabilisation, gully cleansing, traffic management, street lighting, emergency call outs, road marking, and urban redevelopment.
Reporting to the HR Director, this role will provide a comprehensive HR transactional service and administration support for all HR processes and policies.
This role offers the opportunity to train and gain experience within the profession whilst engaged in study, leading to professional chartered membership of the CIPD.
- Manage the new starters, leavers, and contractual changes process, including preparing offer letters, issuing employment contracts, contract changes and salary review letters, references, setting up and maintaining electronic personnel files while ensuring all relevant information is kept up to date.
- Ensure electronic and hard copy personnel files are kept up to date with relevant paperwork
- Manage the probation process via our internal system (Quest), ensuring all corresponding letters and reminders are issued to manager and employees and any issues are raised and discussed with HRBP.
- Provide administrative support for the recruitment process
- Manage the AWOL process from end to end, liaising with HRBP if the case becomes a formal disciplinary or dismissal.
- Managing the administration of any employee benefit scheme by ensuring relevant data is recorded and submitted within timeframes for processing and renewals.
- Provide support and assistance on Employee Relations issues by note taking in formal and informal meetings.
- Provide support with the co-ordination and note taking for any employee engagement initiative
- Supporting annual PDR administration for all employees including producing reports. with any administrative requirements relating to GDPR processes and policies
- Provide support and advice on basic HR queries
- Assisting with administration for any HR projects or processes as directed by HR director or HRBP.
- A Level or equivalent qualification / experience
- Experience of working within an administrative role with a keen interest and desire to progress into the HR profession.
- Experience of using Microsoft packages
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information and data
- Ability to work to own initiative
- Forward thinking with the ability to identify issues and question things appropriately
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to work proactively and make suggestions on any process improvements
- 33 days holiday Inc BH
- HealthShield Medical Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Hours 8am – 4pm Monday to Friday
With a supportive company culture, we foster an environment of collaboration, empowerment and shared success making it a great place to work. They are passionate about what they do and work to maintain their excellent track record and continue to develop their industry leading expertise.