Kingswood Group are excited to be working with a growing commercial business located in Essex to recruit their first HR Manager for the company on a permanent basis. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist to join a small but growing company, reporting into the CEO, to build and develop an effective HR function.
The position will be standalone initially but as the business grows, the HR team will too which you will lead and manage. The head office is located in Essex and will require the HR Manager to work on a hybrid basis, 3 days in the office and 2 remote.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to include:
- Work with the CEO to develop and deliver the company’s ‘People Plan’.
- Implement with line managers’ growth management strategies to support the team’s development through feedback, coaching and individual development plans.
- Manage any ER issues, providing advice and guidance to Managers.
- Improve, enhance and implement HR policies and procedures in line with the business needs
- Use your HR expertise to share and encourage best practice to help the business achieve its growth goals.
- Manage and develop robust internal recruitment and onboarding processes and systems.
Experience and skills required include:
- CIPD qualified (desirable but not essential, experience is more important here!)
- Experience working in a similar level role within a small to medium, growing business.
- HR Generalist with good employment law knowledge.
- Strong Recruitment experience, managing high volumes at times especially in fleet.
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder engagement as this role will be advising and working with the senior leadership team.
The CEO is open to discussions around part-time/flexible working – the role will require a min. 4 days a week though as it’s going to be busy with lots to do!