KG Direct Hire are pleased to be supporting a well-known Chelmsford civil engineering company with the recruitment of a Resourcing Partner.
We are a multi-discipline contractor, specialising in full-service highway and public space maintenance, improvement and construction; delivering services to London Boroughs, Local Authorities and the supply chain. Our core services include road surfacing, reactive maintenance, highway maintenance, highway engineering, surface treatments, winter maintenance, bridge installation, structure maintenance, cliff stabilisation, gully cleansing, traffic management, street lighting, emergency call outs, road marking, and urban redevelopment.
Reporting to the HR Director, this new and exciting position will lead on the development, implementation, and ongoing improvement of the recruitment process for the business. The post holder will ensure that high quality candidates are identified for roles across the business. Developing attraction, retention and workforce planning strategies will form a key part of the role to support the growth of the business.
You will have a solid background as an HR professional with a keen focus on recruitment.
- Review the current recruitment process and make recommendations for actions and processes in order to streamline and implement a consistent approach which addresses existing challenges
- Develop and communicate appropriate policies to support a streamlined recruitment process
- Work closely with managers across the business to gain a deep understanding of the key resourcing needs and challenges to develop workforce plans.
- As an in-house resourcer you will be required to find and attract high quality candidates in line with Marlborough’s business needs and growth plans.
- You will lead on resourcing, advertising, reviewing CVs, headhunting, telephone screening, arranging interviews, taking and delivering feedback and promoting an all-round excellent candidate experience.
- Advise and guide the HR director and board on any common challenges with attracting the right calibre of candidate, making benchmarked recommendations where appropriate
- Develop a tracking system that can be used to obtain data to measure recruitment outcomes and success and to advise and guide the business on resourcing decisions.
- Develop and manage a talent pipeline of candidates to support future resourcing needs and hard to fill roles
- Manage relationships with agencies to ensure recruitment is in line with requirements and secure best value PSL rates
- Conduct exit interviews to understand reasons for leaving and how this can be used to develop our recruitment offer and employer brand
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of recruitment/talent marketing campaigns on an on-going basis to ensure maximum return on investment and provide feedback to HR director and board.
- Implement on-boarding interviews to identify improvements to recruitment and on-boarding process
- Support induction process and make recommendations for improvement
- Lead on development of an Employer Value Proposition (EVP) for the company which can be used to strengthen our employer brand and facilitate better recruitment overall.
- Work closely with the HR Business Partner to develop succession / talent management plans and workforce plans, ensuring these are considered when resourcing
- Work closely with the Social Value Co-ordinator to support and advise on the recruitment for apprentices in line with our contract commitments and provide support with wider commitments such as CV workshops, Employability skills training, mock interviews
- Support training and development of managers to continually improve the way we recruit
- Ability to support with wider HR team on delivery against the broader HR strategy and projects, including employee relations
- Demonstrable experience of successfully resourcing or recruiting within the industry, particularly sourcing for hard to fill positions
- Previous candidate management and attraction experience, drawn from working for a recruitment agency or in house recruitment team
- Proven focused approach and attention to detail
- Use of LinkedIn and other social media channels as a resourcing tool
- Experience of implementing and using an applicant tracking system
- Experience in implementing a range of attraction and selection methodologies, especially innovative sourcing solutions for hard to fill roles within the industry
Knowledge and experience of developing an EVP and using this to support recruitment
- Occasional travel to London and other offices required
- 33 days holiday Inc BH
- HealthShield Medical Scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Hours 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm
With a supportive company culture, we foster an environment of collaboration, empowerment and shared success making it a great place to work. They are passionate about what they do and work to maintain their excellent track record and continue to develop their industry leading expertise.