Due to growth, our client located near to Harlow, is looking for an experienced senior management accountant to join their team. You will be responsible for overseeing all of the Finance departments daily functions and managing a team of four direct reports, reporting yourself directly into the Financial Controller.
You must have excellent communication and be a good team leader, helping and providing training to grow your teams’ skills where needed.
Key Duties Will Include:
- Managing the Finance team which includes a Management Accountant, Accounts Payable, Credit Control and a Finance Assistant to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Working closely with the FC to drive continuous improvement in the department, increasing efficiencies of existing processes.
- Leading monthly cost centre analysis, providing commentary and variance analysis as well as assisting with budgets.
- Oversee the preparation of management accounts and information to ensure it is completed in line with month end schedules. This will also include overseeing the weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Ensuring all Balance Sheet reconciliations and controls are completed in a timely manner each month, in addition to ensuring any historical items are investigated and resolved
- Responsible for year end process and maintaining an excellent relationship with accountants.
Previous construction industry experience is desirable as is experience of self billing arrangements.
The right candidate can be qualified by experience or ACCA/CIMA.