KG Direct Hire are happy to be supporting with the recruitment of a Supply Chain & Procurement Assistant for a well-known Chelmsford civil engineering company.
We are a multi-discipline contractor, specialising in full-service highway and public space maintenance, improvement and construction; delivering services to London Boroughs, Local Authorities and the supply chain. Our core services include road surfacing, reactive maintenance, highway maintenance, highway engineering, surface treatments, winter maintenance, bridge installation, structure maintenance, cliff stabilisation, gully cleansing, traffic management, street lighting, emergency call outs, road marking, and urban redevelopment.
Reporting to the Strategic Supply Chain & Procurement Manager, this role is to assist in the management and operation of various business wide supply chain and procurement activities. Day-to-day responsibilities are detailed below.
- Manage the day to day running of the supply chain management portal and supplier onboarding process.
- Assist in the establishment of a thorough supplier and subcontractor performance review process. Once established, the quarterly running of performance reviews will become the responsibility of the Supply Chain & Procurement Assistant.
- Conduct specific new supply chain investigation for tenders. This will include desk top studies of any supply chain local to the relevant tender, as well as posting and collating tender opportunity adverts
- Assist in the organisation of the annual meet the buyer event.
- Shadow the lead material buyer to start to develop industry buying knowledge as well as the buying process and system
- Assist in placing low value material orders, as and when necessary.
- Assist in the maintenance of agreed rates management
- Monitor and manage new WAP system users and the associated approval routes.
- Shadow the Strategic Supply Chain & Procurement Manager to start to develop an understanding of subcontract documentation and the associated subcontract procurement process.
- Liaison with the accounts team in relation to material orders, as and when required.
- Experience of working in the construction industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good IT skills and proficiency in Outlook, Teams, Microsoft Excel, and Word is essential
- Detail orientated
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Above all this person must have an enthusiasm to learn and develop, as well as being keen to progress within the business.
- Prior experience in supply chain management
- Prior experience in material or subcontract procurement
- University qualification in a construction or supply chain related field.
- 33 days holiday Inc BH
- HealthShield Medical Scheme
- Free onsite parking
With a supportive company culture, we foster an environment of collaboration, empowerment and shared success making it a great place to work. They are passionate about what they do and work to maintain their excellent track record and continue to develop their industry leading expertise.