Kingswood Group are excited to be assisting an expanding business in the recruitment of a Business Intelligence Analyst.
Working for the Delivery Team, this is a new role to the business and the successful individual will be key in helping report and developing their services. Using their analytical expertise to identify patterns, forecast outcomes, you will aid the senior management team to make decisions around the future direction of the business. With plenty of opportunities to grow the data reporting capabilities, this role offers a unique opportunity to shape how data is utilised, understood and presented across the business.
Main duties will include;
- Track, and report on, the business’s performance across all agreed KPIs.
- Seek out and provide useful insights to the management team reviewing productivity, efficiency, compliance, and safety.
- Create forecasts to predict the likely impacts on business
- Respond to customer and regulatory reporting requests
- Help define and record data analysis methodologies to ensure consistency of approach.
- Creation and maintenance of BI dashboards across all key systems.
- Track initiative/project benefits, providing data driven insights into root cause of any issues experienced.
- Analyse and extract relevant information from both structured and unstructured data sources.
- Simplify and reduce the manual effort associated with reporting through the use of scripts and automated reporting tools.
- Translate and communicate conclusions drawn from complex analysis to a wide range of stakeholders, guiding them on a recommended course of action.
- Take a proactive approach to identifying problems, highlighting where action is required to resolve adverse performance or opportunities to improve.
- Identify and lead opportunities to improve our working practices.
- Work with third party suppliers to develop our data systems and track performance across our wider supply chain.
- Support other areas of the business with bespoke analytical / reporting activity as and when required
Skills and experience required:
- Strong analytical skills, with experience of dealing with complex data sets.
- Creation and maintenance of BI dashboards.
- Experience automating regular reports.
- Logical thinker with the ability to design and apply creative solutions.
- Highly organised, with strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of undertaking performance reporting in a regulated and / or water industry environment.
- Experience in using visual tools, such as business objects or similar.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Proactive and inquisitive, keen to identify improvements.
- Self-motivated with a highly organised approach.
- Ability to manage multiple workloads / priorities at any given time.
- Understanding / previous experience of predictive modelling or applied statistics would be highly advantageous, but not essential
- Competitive salary
- Bonus/profit share scheme (on completion of probation)
- 23 days standard annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- Hybrid working potential